Star Seismic's buckling restrained brace (BRB) simple 8-step design process:
- To ensure BRB appropriateness and engineering parameters, contact Star Seismic (435-940-9222)
- Analyze structure to determine brace strength
- Determine required brace stiffness by contacting Star Seismic for values
- Check drift
- Determine brace displacements at Delta m
- Review over-strength factors with Star Seismic
- Finalize brace strength and strand area
- Design beams, columns and connections for brace capacity
- Specifying Buckling Restrained Bracing Systems
Modern Steel Construction, SteelWise, November 2009 Kim Robinson, S.E.
Seismic Design of Buckling-Restrained Braced Frames with step-by-step procedures and examples.
BRBF Braced Frame Design
On Designing with Buckling-Restrained Braced Frames, Structure Magazine, July 2008, Walterio Lopez, S.E.
Buckling Restrained Braced Frame (BRBF) Structures: Analysis, Design and Approvals Issues, Coffman Engineering, (Proceedings of the 75th SEAOC Annual Convention, Long Beach, 2006)
AISC - Home page
AISC - Webinar: Seismic Braced Frames
AISC - Webinar